Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Beat Egg And Add to Dry Ingredients

I just had a young guy come into my office and try and sell me a bucket 'o Christmas cookies.

He came in, politely introduced himself and offered me a cookie. Normally that would be about all it would take to ensure my life-long friendship, however these were chocolate chip biscuits and with even the tiniest bit of chocolate setting me off with a blinding migraine, I explained that I couldn't actually eat his wares but figured it at only $14 it would make a good present for someone.......... That and I realised my much loved 'Banana Guard' was sitting next to my bag on the floor and rather than try and explain what it was, I figured that while he was filling out the order form I could surreptitiously slip my banana holder into my bag.

OK. Before you ask, it is to protect your banana from getting bruised or squished in your bag and yes they did have different colours available but I like purple, yes it does fit most bananas and girth is more important than length, and yes I am still talking about bananas.

Once I had removed my amusing yet functional Banana Guard from view I looked back at the cookie dude and realised that my eyes had initially tried to protect my brain from acknowledging the pattern of his shirt. I realised it was in fact a pattern of hundreds of chocolate chip cookies. Imagine if you will, a shirt completely covered with this:


Urgh.

So I said to him:

"You know, your shirt is kinda mocking me.........come to think of it....it is kinda of mocking you too."

He said "Yeah, I know...that and the short sleeves and them all being one size too short sucks"

Amused I asked "Is it the same for the girls selling cookies?"

He responded "Yeah, perhaps even two sizes too small for them which isn't really a bad thing...uh...depending on...ummm...ahem...your...err......."

Perhaps he did see my banana holder.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two posts in one day?! Oooh goodie! (and yes, I really do refresh your page alot...) so, er... how bout that banana holder huh.... you could have at least come up with a more convincing story, eh?

Mike said...

They also have them in glow in the dark.

mist1 said...

There are just too many smutty comments about banana holders that I could make. I feel dizzy. I have to lie down.

Meredith said...

I felt that way when I first got my banana holder but now having so much experience using it, I don't have to lie down anymore...

Meredith said...

Glow in the dark?! Ok. I want.

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha!! and with those comments Meredith, you're not fooling anyone!

Annette said...

Where did you get the banana holder? I hate how they get bruised in my gym bag.

Oh, and I love your blog!

Meredith said...

Thanks Annette :)

I got the banana holder from a fair I was at here in NZ but the guy had imported some from overseas.
I did a quick google for you and found a list of US based suppliers.

http://www.bananaguard.com/retail/

Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

ya know - the banana holder would not be nearly as - uh - intriguing if they hadn't gone for the ridge things on the side ..... I mean sheesh...

Meredith said...

I tend to agree although I believe the ridges are for increasing air flow. I guess a sweaty banana is a bad banana...

Seraph said...

Sweet jebus ! That's the rudest looking fruit assessory I've ever seen !

It's a pretty good idea though.

Mike said...

Imagine if it had an accessory that could hold plums.

Anonymous said...

or plums and a banana at the same time.... yurrrsssshhhh!

Meredith said...

I get the distinct feeling y'all aren't taking my banana holder seriously!

I do hate bruised plums though....

Mike said...

I take it quite seriously. Bruised fruit of any description is not pleasant.

God knows bruised melons aren't a plesant experience.

Meredith said...

Oh yes, bruised melons are quite unpleasant. For everyone involved.

I also enjoy a good fresh, untainted cherry but they are so hard to find in Wellington!