Saturday, April 12, 2008

How Do You Solve a Problem Like Meredith?

So yeah. I'm back and stuff.

On Thursday I had to attend a launch party thingie for a website I've been project managing for many months. It's been a 'challenging' project so it was lemon juice on paper cuts when I found out it was at The Lanes bowling alley.

Ever since I was a kid I've disliked bowling...partly because of the shoes and associated grossness that goes along with greasy food, bad music and throwing heavy balls at 10 pieces of white plastic, but mostly because I suck horribly at it. So I was pretty dark on the fact that I had to attend this 'party'. Knowing I couldn't show up and associate with clients in the mood I was in, I tried to cheer myself up as I was walking down to The Lanes. For some odd reason the song "My Favourite Things" from The Sound of Music popped into my angry little brain. As I tied to recall the lyrics I realised that my favourite things are actually quite different from ole Maria's.

Here's my version:

Raindrops on roses and all the earth kittens,
bright coloured Muppets and possum fur mittens,
brown d.vice packages tied up with strings,
these are a few of my favorite things.

My Little Ponies and strong coke and bourbon,
door bells and door slams on Jehovah's suburban.
Plunging neck lines and the way Eddie Vedder sings.
these are a few of my favorite things.

Girls in a cheap dresses caught right up their asses,
makeup that stays on my nose and eyelashes,
loud belly laughs that show QI brings,
these are a few of my favorite things.

When the bills bites, when the head stings,
when I'm feeling mad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
and then I don't feel so bad.

Cheered me right up and I bowled a 91 and 93 including 5 strikes.

5 comments:

Seraph said...

Hey M. Nice song and a respectable bowling effort. Good to see you back !

Meredith said...

Just in case you're curious about the actual lyrics:

http://www.lyricsdownload.com/sound-of-music-my-favourite-things-lyrics.html

Conrad said...

Yay! The comedy princess is back in the house.
Very decent first post back after a break. Slightly wierded out by the d.vice comment, as expected.
I hope you keep on doing this, and not get any better at bowling. I'll stick to bowling, you stick to comedy, Or else I'll have to humiliate your efforts when you finally visit me in London. ;)

Anonymous said...

this is the work of genius, obviously.
:)

Anonymous said...

Lovely :-)