Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A Cat's Inner Monologue: A Cold Night

Ahem...excuse me mumma, could I snuggle down in the bed with you? Please? Purr Purr Purr....Its so cold and I'm so very cute. Excellent, I'm in! Let me just pad on your leg with my needle sharp claws for a minute, then I'll settle down to sleep......... zzzzzz zzzzzz

!! Oh, man, it is HOT under the covers. I need out and I need out now.......Woah, it is really cold out here still....could I get back in? Excellent, thanks. Ahhhhh...

You moved! You moved a whole centimetre, some of us are trying to sleep here...Sigh......That's it, I want out, let me out right now.

You know how I wanted out a minute ago, I'd kinda forgotten how cold it was out here and how warm and snuggly it was there under the covers, can I get back in?........Oh, wait...no....maybe I don't want in...it was a little too warm....heheehhahahaa....Just kidding! I was just seeing how long you'd lift the covers up for me, I really do want in...c'mon...maaaaaa......Ok. Fine. I'll start pulling all of your tissues out the box...oh look, you've lifted the covers, fancy that.....Ahh...nice and warm.

Oh, was that your alarm? Already? Guess you'll be needing to get up and go to work.....Sucks to be you. You'll have to contort your half asleep body around me to get outta bed since I'm not moving from the middle here. I've had a terrible nights sleep thanks to someone....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know, i think i;ve had almost that exact same night.

also love - 'arrgh i was outside and suddenly i got all wet, the best place to be is in the bed with you. now!"

and the joy when the cat who sleeps on the bed decides the only place he wants to be is sleeping on the part of the bed the other cat is in the bed. in bed cat reacts badly to something sitting on it and goes ape. its like a blender on my leg and not fun :)

AL

Meredith said...

Ah yes....the wet cat bit...you gotta love that. The cold nose placed in the 1mm area of your back not covered by you pjs is another one of my favourites..

Anonymous said...

And the bit where they have to have a drink out of your glass of water on the bedside table before they get into bed in the first place.

Anonymous said...

I don't think mine has discovered, the warmth under the covers just yet. Which means she smothers the only skin outside the bed. MY HEAD!

Anonymous said...

try a dog doing the same - with nutmeg graters attached to their paws ..... when they leave for the 5th time? They leae with the damned duvet!!!!! I scoff at a cats monologue ....