Thursday, June 01, 2006

Putting the 'Qui?' in Quiz

I tells ya...it's a young person's world except at Quiz nights.

I was at my work's biannual Quiz night yesterday and the only I reason I knew the answers to any of the questions was because I was marking.

Is there some rule that says that it isn't trivia until it is at least 40 years old?! Warrggh!

I counted a total of four questions that were designed for the young'uns'... But I had no idea of the answers. Two questions about heavy metal bands and two about hard core rappers. Clearly the quiz master thought he'd include something to appeal to the non-centurions and asked his 16 year old grandson about 'what kids are listening to these days'. Errr...not a particularly good demographic fit for our organisation buddy.

Hello? Yes, it's God, what was the answer to number 8? I was busy creating the sun, moon and stars on that day so I'm not sure...

2 comments:

Meredith said...

It was a DDC gig this time. And yep....waaaaaaaaaaaay more fun when you guys organised it.

I was a helper for them and marking and even I was heckling!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mitch - can you believe a hybrid team between Finance and IS won the blimmin thing!!!! Tunshe was trying like mad to get them to lose so they wouldn't have to organise the next one - but the bunch of geeks were not going to trow it - no way no how!!! Now the noot is crowing from the rooftops and likening it to the Crusader win....spare us.......