Friday, April 14, 2006

Event Horizon

I've been really struggling to find things to write about this last week. I've had a couple of people pass on their compliments on my blog and I've also had someone suggest one of my recent posts wasn't up to my usual standard. Urgh. That really made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
All this has added up to wicked writers block. Normally its getting me to shut up that's the trick.

When I first started out I was sadly desperate for people to read my blog, but now I've past this bizarre event horizon where deep down I would like just a little less pressure to post something worth reading. This was reinforced by my new blog addiction New York Hack where the author is complimented on her blog with every single post. I can't imagine the pressure she feels to keep coming up with this stuff.

Come to think of it this phenomenon would explain a good number of Stephen King's more recent books and some of the later episodes of Seinfeld ....

No comments: