Thursday, April 06, 2006

PMT....MNFS*

*Makes No Frickin' Sense

As I lay all leaky and snivelling and generally miserable in bed last night I tried to make myself feel better about my insane hormones by trying to rationalise why humans are programmed like this.

What genetic advantage is there to the behaviour and feelings of PMT?! As far as I can see it makes everyone miserable...no-one wins except the chocolate and tissue makers.

The only biological rationales I can think of are:
1. It mirrors some of the signs of early pregnancy and keeps the cave man sticking around to protect his unborn child OR
2. It encourages the cave man to get the hell outta the cave until the cave woman is in a better head and hormonal space which is usually around ovulation and her most fertile time.

I dunno. What am I missing here (apart from 6 litres of water and a 3 kgs of salt) ?

No comments: