Monday, August 07, 2006

Bring It On You Pussy Virus

After having breakfast and re-reading my whiney post of this morning I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself and get off my arse and take my mucusy body into work. Screw the virus, I'm back in the game and this time, I brought my chakram.

An update on the new job:

Now Also Haves....

  • In and out trays (space age plasticy goodness)
  • Voicemail (I now know how to tell when I have a new message)
  • Colour printer (installed and configured and eerily quiet)
  • A box o' office paper (for printing, darts and temporary door labels)
  • My own mail pigeon hole (with a punched label and everything)
  • A pile of branded envelopes (with the wrong address on them)
  • A pile of 'With Compliments' slips (ahem...also with the wrong address on them)
  • A network password (sigh)
  • Internet access (sweet, sweet internet)
  • A salary (which makes all the Have Nots worth it)
  • A new found understanding of which lightswitch does what (and there was light)
  • Discovery of a nearby kitchenette that has Macchona coffee (and it was good)
  • My sanity (despite the 1 3/4 hours it took me to get home tonight)

Still Have Nots...

  • Cellphone (maybe them not being able to reach me whenever is a good thing?)
  • PDA (I predict using it everyday for 2 months then never again)
  • G3 card (it'll be swaaaweet once I get it)
  • Email address (this one is really irritating)
  • Personal drive on the Network (go the Desktop)
  • Staff ID card (hey HR...if you hadn't paid me then I'd be yelling "You suck!")
  • Staff parking permit (man I wish it was summer)
  • Keyboard (tappity tappity)
  • Mouse (I want my Back button!)
  • Laptop bag (you'd think it would have come with the lappie right?)
  • My health (but working on it)

I think my emphasis on telling helpdesk I'd been here 15 days and still didn't have things sorted, kinda put things in perspective for them. That and the menacing tone I seem to have because of my husky chest infection voice.

No comments: