Friday, August 04, 2006

On The Third Day The Fever Broke

I feel like I am in a period drama but with the internet...

Since Wednesday I have been pretty ill. I'd managed to become full of some random virus that has had me running hot (but with random chills), with nasty body aches, a continuous, impenetrable headache and tonsils so swollen it was stimulating my gag reflex. And ohmygod... so freakin' tired! Going to the kitchen to make a hot drink has been a half hour round trip. This has meant the only thing I have been able to do with any amount of fortitude is sleep....and sleep I have.

This morning when I woke up I still felt like crap but I curled up on the couch under a couple of blankets, had a cup of tea and an Imigran (uber migraine medication) and watched one of my favourite shows Miami Ink. Once it was finished I sat up and stretched and realised that I was feeling heaps better.

I still have a kinda woozy head and a $1.99/minute voice but I have been able move around and get some long overdue chores done.

I'm not complaining, at all...but it is sorta odd right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should make the most of it, and start up an 0900 $1.99/minute line. I guess the hard part would be getting the enthusiasm to do it - seeing as you prolly feel like crap :-(
Hope you get better soon!