Sunday, August 13, 2006

It's Worse Than That, It's Physics Jim!


Big moment for me on Friday...I drove from Wellington to Palmerston North and back...by myself! It was just me, a map, the open road and a bunch of my old mixed tapes.

I am not what you would call a confident/experienced/remotely good driver so this was a big thing for me. I got to my destination in plenty of time (despite the fact that once I hit Palmy I took the 'pretty' way) and I made it back without any one honking at me and no fists were waved in my general direction.

Added to that I was able to collect the rest of my IT equipment from the head office it was a most excellent adventure for me.

I also learnt two important life lessons:
1. I really gots to get me a modern car stereo with a CD player if I am going to drive any distance again
2. I still know all the words to Star Trekkin' and The Sweater

No comments: