Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Punky Blogger

While taking an Occupational Health and Safety Organisation recommended micropause from my work, I came across an online article titled "Children with older siblings are not only more rebellious and adventurous, it appears they are also funnier". As the youngest of two this obviously sparked my interest....Up until now I thought the deal was he got the brains and I got the ability to suit hats. Looks like I got the funny too.

As I read on the article included the results of new scientific research and comediene Michelle A'Court broke new ground and was quoted as saying something actually funny: "The first one is the documentary and the second one is the sit-com."

This got me thinking....what exactly would my sitcom be called? I thought in order to get the creative juices flowing I thought I'd use existing sitcom titles as a stating point and give them a lil' bit of a Meredith flavour. Here is what I came up with...

  • Who's The Boss? / She's The Freakin' Boss, That's Who!
  • Charles In Charge / Heh...Let Charles Think He In Charge
  • Are You Being Served? / Are You Serving Me Cougar Or Some Cheap Crap?
  • Get Smart / Get A Smartcard
  • M*A*S*H / R*A*S*H
  • Step By Step /12 Steps By 12 Steps
  • Man About The House / I Won't Be Needing A Man About The House Anymore
  • My Two Dads / My Two Tabs
  • Saved By The Bell / Saved By The Belladonna
  • 8 Simple Rules / 8 Simple Rules For Avoiding the Uber Rage

I am not even going to touch The Dick Van Dyke Show....

2 comments:

Conrad said...

Okay, I'll concede on the funnier thing. And the hats thing. Maybe even the rebellious thing. But I am not conceding on the adventurous front. Change has never been your strong point, with recent evidence in this very blog!. Even I beat you there, and it took me until I was 30 to get out of NZ and see the world (well, significant parts of Europe, anyway).
Any news on coming over here?

Meredith said...

I totally agree with you on the adventurous front...I'm a total scaredy cat really. You are more confident that I'll ever be about taking risk (mostly cos I'm not so sure I'd have the moxy to fix any major blunder). Having said that you can't argue that I haven't changed things up for myself in the past 2 years ;)

No news yet, my manager has just put in the formal case to have the travel confirmed....We shall see...