Monday, August 14, 2006

Restart Now Or Later?

Well, Week 4 and finally I can give you the a la Ricky Lake Makeover Before and After shots of my new office....

Before


After!



The added effect of taking the first photo on my personal cellphone and the second shot on my new work cellphone and the resulting quality difference was not intentional...but I do enjoy the high resolution irony.

In order to prepare the above I spent the morning installing my monitor, keyboard, mouse and most of the features of my PDA (synchronisation with my email is proving most vexing) and discovering (while trying to install my wireless card) that my lappie didn't have the network card slot it was supposed to. My pouty pants went straight on after that.

Today I also received my staff ID card and given it is laminated cardboard with my name handwritten on it, I can certainly see why it took so long. During the 100 minute commute home I decided my first job tomorrow would be to take that ID card down to the Facilities Office and get me my staff parking permit. People who suggest that catching trains and buses will give you precious time to read and relax before and after work haven't tried commuting at rush hour during winter and can stick their opinion right up their network slot.


P.S I think 'most vexing' might be my new uber.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You like
StrongBad too! Trogdor!

This is a good read Meredith :) Good to see you have a nicely decorated cave with all the trimmings.


Scotty

Meredith said...

Why thank you :) Yeah, my cave is starting to grow on me. I need a pot plant and a 'Meredith-esk' poster on that main wall to complete the look.

Is it weird that I was humming the makeover song from Queer Eye For The Straight Guy while I was taking that second photo?

Anonymous said...

You could of been humming the "I dream of genie" theme. That would of been better.

You need a genie bottle to complete the theme.

As far as a poster goes, you need one of tom cruise sliding on the floor in his socks.

mist1 said...

When I read "Ricki Lake" I got all excited. I thought you were going to have a whole bunch of baby daddies being confronted in your office.

It does look better though.

Meredith said...

Err.....not really a Tom Cruise kinda gal there Scotty. I never forgave him for Nicole. Glib.

Meredith said...

Heya Mist :)

lolll...baby daddies....hmmm.... I suspect my Ricki Lake episode would have a slightly different theme and I'd be the guest that got booed as they walked out on stage.

What ever happened to Ricki Lake anyway??

Anonymous said...

Noooooo! Not 'most vexing!' then i will have to change my anon name :-(

Meredith said...

Ok, ok. Uber it stays. ;)