Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Fancy. Pants.







So as promised here is me in a dress. Sigh. None of these pics are especially flattering but you get the drift. The picture on the top left has captured me with my hair sitting strangely like I have one mutton chop, the pic on the top right has me with a weird double chin thing going on, and the picture on the bottom would be great had my eyes been open. It looks like I am wearing flat shoes, but they really are pretty high heeled girly wear. I gotta learn to pose. Fierce like Tara.

Anywho, there you have it. I have ankles, knees and as the pic on the bottom shows, one helluva cleavage.

The awards night was a whole bunch of fun even if we didn't win our category. The organisation that did win were finalists in two other categories (including Best Overall IT Project) and they got a clean sweep so at least we got bent over by the best. Unfortunately our category was announced in the first 30 minutes of the evening so all that was left for us to do was eat, drink and....drink some more. I valiently did the one glass of wine, 1 glass of water thing but to no effect.

The five of us were pretty messed up by the end of the night. At one point I overheard my as-of-4-hours-earlier-ex-boss waxing lyrical to PL about how much he was going to miss me and how I had been his 'go to guy'. Talk about laugh. More like his 'go to abuse guy'.

I was so well gone that I even found Frankie Steven's musical interlude vaguely entertaining... although I do recall his impressions of Tom Jones, Elvis and Dave Dobbyn being all strangely alike. I am not going to put that down to the booze.

The most important thing to note about Friday night is that I will never ever again drink wine. I was so very not well on Saturday morning that inbetween the 'vommies' I was actually looking around the hotel room searching for possible ways to end myself. I guess it was lucky that I'd had already taken all my pain killers and the kettle cord was ridiculously short otherwise I might have been late for my first day on the new job....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great pics...