Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I Tawt I Taw A Pudgy Tat

I'm not entirely sure why, but both my cats are...well...kinda fat. I feed them the expensive 'Hills Science Lite' food - all carefully measured out. Bella is a dedicated huntress and brings me in live surprises almost every week and Sam moves in a slow canter between his sister (in order to crash tackle her to the ground and beat her up) and his food bowl. He can also pick up a fair amount of speed when he is having his typical attack of "screw that...I'm outta here" stranger danger regarding any visitors to my place.

I have two theories...either someone else is feeding them (maybe even deliberately...heh) or with living across the road from a primary school, they are picking off the slow moving after-school care kids.

I think I might have found a way to get them on an exercise programme that doesn't require me to run around the house with a newspaper bow tied to a bit of string..... I've noticed that whenever the phone rings and I run to get it before the answer phone picks it up, one or both of my cats seem to magically appear with the sole purpose of moving between my legs in order to trip me up.

If my thinking is correct, all I have to do is sit down with my cellphone and prank call my landline a couple of times every night. I won't even need to put down my drink!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please update your blog :-( I refresh the page like, 6 times a day!!!
Its really sad when reading about other peoples lives is what I look forward to doing wach day....

Meredith said...

What again? I only posted yesterday! I knew I shouldn't have laced my blog with crack....sigh

Anonymous said...

ahh yes... an update :-) How is the new job going? Or have you not started yet?

Meredith said...

I'm sure you can give up anytime...loll

I start the new job not this, but next Monday. I've already started the..."What are they gonna do...fire me?!" jokes. Comedic gold. ;)

Anonymous said...

Are you leaving because of mo' money, or because your current collegues are slighly mental? (I hear the IT people there are as interesting as dry chalk)

Meredith said...

Ok anon...just for you I posted an update.

I'm leaving for many reasons - the pay increase is just sweet, sweet gravy.

Sigh...if only I was allowed to make pavement art with the IT staff like one can with dry chalk.

Anonymous said...

Oh those poor old chalky I.T. staff, let me speak on their behalf... If Meredith were to post everyday that's a 78.5% reduction of her average blog posting of 4.66 days. Is that really fair? I propose a 80% reduction. Meredith do you care to negotiate?

Anonymous said...

Who was that anon?! *gasp* there is another!

Meredith said...

lolll...maybe anon (original series)...you need to find an alias or come out altogether? 1 million points for the line of Inigo Montoya that inspired the name of my blog.

80% reduction eh? Whats that...every 28 hours versus every 24? Emmmmm....{choke}

Anonymous said...

hmmm, a new alias aye.... any suggestions?

Meredith said...

Well....I dunno much about you other than that you have good taste in blogs so it is kinda tough.

Uber_reader?

Anonymous said...

Awesome :-) uber_reader it is

Conrad said...

Hey, sis, I think you are being too easy on anon with your question. Even giving the character name! Far better to set a tougher challenge. And anyway, the lines afterwards are far more interesting: "I must know"; "Get used to disappointment".
Thanks, anon, for giving me the excuse to watch one of the best swordfights in movie history again.

... said...

Hey! I object to the chalkiness of the IT staff at the **** - i was one of those IT staff only 4 months ago!

Meredith said...

It was because you left Cosmic, that the department became chalky!

(That and tunshe left and took the vodka jelly shots with her)

Meredith said...

Hey chalky...how are my stats looking now? :)

Anonymous said...

Who is chalky?! And which movie was watched as a result?! ugh - my head! I feel i've missed far too much here... :-<

Meredith said...

For you sweet Uber_reader....

Chalky is another anon who happens to work at my current organisation. She is good at stats and vending machines.

The movie thing was inspired by my comment "1 million points for the line of Inigo Montoya that inspired the name of my blog."
This is a movie reference and the line is "Who are you?"

Helping?