Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ooops...I Mooted My Pants

I'm pleased to report that the conference went off pretty much without a hitch. There were a few minor hiccups caused by a handful of people who I wanted to kick in the head repeatedly but generally it went really well. A couple of my favourite geeks were there keeping me happy and sane (big squishy thanks to PL, DM, ML, GS and MD).

I include MD (the keynote speaker and jet set creator of the software we were conferencing over) not just because he is an interesting and all round nice guy, but mainly because of our conversation at the conference dinner.

I had selected dessert items on the buffet menu that I couldn't eat (chocolate) or didn't like (pavlova) because I knew they would be popular with the delegates.

After dinner I was looking at the sweet line up with dismay and the restaurant manager asked me whether there was a problem. I explained my situation so she rushes off and comes back with a plate of ice cream. A scoop of vanilla bean and a scoop of black doris plum. Most awesome.

I happened to be seated next to MD and as I was moaning quietly with pleasure about my icecream he asked me what flavours I had there. I explained and suggested he try the black doris plum. He tried a bit and then said to me with a grin:

MD: "Yeah, that's pretty good, but you know what's better?"
Me: "What's that?"
MD: "Gelato..........in Rome"
Me: "You can f*ck off"
[brief awkward silence]
MD and Me: Baahahahaahahaaa

How cool is that? Heh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep you know what, it IS better in Rome, and if you hadn't taken this new job you'd be over here with me TASTING IT FOR YOURSELF.

Congratulations - i'm proud of you, and i miss you to pieces!

I am starting a new blog - i'm writing posts in my spare time at work (shhh) and will hopefully register a site this weekend!

Meredith said...

Thanks babe. I really miss you too!!

Ooo a new blog...let me know the url when you publish and I'll put the link back on my site.

Hehehe - I am handing in my notice today.....woot!

... said...

It's ALIVE!!! Mwah hahahahahahahah!

http://michelleslondonlife.blogspot.com/