Thursday, July 27, 2006

On Your Marks...Get Ready.......Wait.

As the first week of my new job is nearly up I thought an update was required. In the spirit of the highly efficient Project Manager I need to become lookie here at my bullet points:

Haves....

  • Office (my own little sunless cave called '5A24')
  • Desk (now clean of gross miscellaneous grime and dead insects)
  • Stationery (shiny and new and handpicked by me)
  • Chair (mostly not broken)
  • Mobile drawers (great for holding all my stationery)
  • Landline (plastic phone circa 1986)
  • Voicemail (I don't know how to tell when I have a new message)
  • Swipecard (into the mailroom and swanky staffroom)
  • Colour printer (unopened at home)
  • 1 minute walk to real coffee (oh yeaaaah)
  • An understanding of what I am supposed to be doing
  • My sanity*

Have Nots...

  • Laptop
  • Cellphone
  • PDA
  • Email address
  • Network login
  • Internet access
  • Staff ID card
  • Staff parking permit
  • The extra 20 years all the other staff at Massey have on me
  • A whole lot of discipline about working at home in the meantime

* May be temporary category listing

No comments: