Monday, March 06, 2006

I Really Am Mean...Honest!

I'm conflicted.

One of my work colleagues' contract expires at the end of the month and it is not being renewed.
No one else seems to be bothered about organising a card and farewell bash for her so I said I'd do it. Now I can't decide whether it is because the build up to her leaving is exciting for me or whether it is because deep down I am a nice person and figure even screw ups that create more work for me deserve a little kindess and support. Crap. I hope I'm not going soft in my old age.

4 comments:

Meredith said...

Hell I felt guilty about just posting that last message even though she'll probably never find this blog.

Arrrgghhh - I don't want to hand over the uber bitch title. I've work so HARD for it ;)

Anonymous said...

Mercy is for the weak !
Sweep the leg !!

Meredith said...

Argh! I must have a guilty conscious because last night I had a nightmare that I was back at school and it was filled with carbon copies of horse relaxant gel/end of contract girl and they all hated me! Wargh! ...Although come to think of it I guess it could have just been all the cheese on the pizza I ate last night.

Meredith said...

I found the perfect solution....delegation! I bought the card and some admin chick from another department who doesn't have enough work to do agreed to organise the whole thing on my behalf. Heh heh heh