Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sh*ittin' Kitten'

A couple of years back when my cats were still kittens I was going through my standard morning (pre-breakfast) routine of clearing out the kitty litter tray.

Just like it seems the smell of toilet cleaner stimulates an...ahem...'evacuation response' from the human male, the sound of a litter box being cleaned out appears to stimulate a cat.

My cat's litter tray was at the bottom of the stairs so after doing poop scoop round 1 (ding!) I sat back down on the stairs to wait for my sweet Bella to finish her important cat business. Had I know that Bella had an upset stomach that morning I think I would have stood.

Whilst part way through her business a noise, my now ex partner, made upstairs startled her. It startled her so much that she took off up the stairs without pause or more accurately....without clench.

Rather than running up the stairs on the gap to my left right or left she thought the best course would in fact be up my legs and torso, over my head and down my back - all at warp 9

U.K.S soon followed.

Once I realised what had happened all I was able to do was let out a small whimper to try in order to communicate my intense distress. My ex heard this small noise and asked what was up. The exchange went like this:

M: {Whimper}
X: What's wrong?
M: The cat....
X: The cat what? Did the cat poo?
M: Yeah but its worse than that. The cat..
X: ...ahhh the cat did a stinky poo
M: Well yeah...but its worse than that. The cat...
X: ...the cat did a stinky poo and missed the tray?
M: Yes [through clenched teeth] but it is worse than that. The cat...
X: ....ooooohhh, the cat did a stinky poo, missed the tray and some of it got on you?
M: {Whimper} {Sob}
X: [Finally gets off lazy arse and looks down the stairs at me]
M: [looks up at X]
X: [Walks away silently]
M: See! Its worse than that...
X: [Turns on shower, hangs up towel on rack, goes back to lounge]
M: [Heads to bathroom, past lounge] Thanks. By the way....I can still see you shaking when you laugh silently.

I finished up house training the cats shortly after.

No comments: