Friday, March 31, 2006

Nobody Give Me A Car

This isn't a revelation for anyone who knows me but my driving seriously sucks. I've been driving unsupervised for nearly 4 months now and I can't see any improvement in my skills at all. Yesterday my drive home from work just about put me off driving completely. Well...maybe one last drive....off a cliff.

I had several close calls (one of them wasn't entirely my fault but did kinda involve a honking great truck and me swerving in front of it briefly) and then at the supermarket I somehow managed to get wedged in a car park and had to do an Austin Powers like 70 point turn to get out...and of course there were a pile of cars waiting for me. Then as a fabulous punctuation point to my trip, I finally pulled into my garage, opened the door and there was the Sh*itten Kitten cowering under the stairs. I'd either nearly backed over her in the morning and she was trapped in there all day or she had whipped in unseen as I was driving in and I could have squished her pulling up. Sigh. I am going to have to learn how to ride a bike or buy a horse or something.

1 comment:

Meredith said...

I dunno - the last couple of days at work and life in general have made me think about sooner rather than later...
I need a stack of documents from my dad so I'll start the gentle nag.