Thursday, March 23, 2006

Sounds like?

Yesterday I got completely soaked walking down to the train station and even though I was horribly uncomfortable in my wet pants, once seated, I couldn't help but sit perfectly immobile for the entire train ride.

Part way through the journey I managed to move my eyes enough to look over at my fellow passengers. They were doing exactly the same thing!! It was like scene from a zombie movie.

So here I am thinking, while surely it is logical to try and rectify a physically uncomfortable situation such as wet pants, a glass of OJ spilled down your front, a startled kitten pooing all over you [stay tuned for the Sh*ttin Kitten story], so many of us suffer from this strange body catatonia phenomenon.

So o' course I want to name it but I can't get any further than "Uncomfortable Kinetic Silence"... which isn't my best work, I'll admit. It does have its acronym going for it - U.K.S - which is kinda the only noise you can make while suffering from the freeze ray of icky "Ukkks"

People. I need help. Giving it a name, gives us power to overcome this bizzare scourge.

No comments: